Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri

Had a slow day today so I thought I would try something new for dinner. This is from the Best Bites cook book. It looked so delicious that I've been thinking about making it for a while. I have so much parsley and oregano in the garden it seemed like a good time to try it.
I wasn't sure how much I would need so I cut a bunch, measured and then cut some more.
Sorry the picture is a little blurry - I was using my phone - I wish you could smell this. It smells incredible. The fresh lime and the herbs together, WOW!
I cut back on the EVO. I felt like it was a lot and I really don't need the extra fat. I just used one small pork loin since it's just the two of us. It was plenty. I marinated it for just over an hour and the crust after Dirk grilled it was really tasty. Dirk cooked it to 140 because we didn't want it to dry out.
I don't know if you can tell but it's just a little pink and the ends weren't pink at all. See how the crust formed, it was so delicious. We put extra chimichurri sauce on top and I made wild rice and carrotts with it. We loved it and I'm sure I'll be making it again especially since I still have lots of parsely and oregano in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment