Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Guiltless Alfredo Sauce

Ok, so I have been wanting to try this "Guiltless Alfredo Sauce" from Our Best Bites for a long time, but I just barely got around to trying it on Sunday! We are trying to eat a little healthier, and while alfredo doesn't sound like the way to go, this was a pretty low fat sauce for an alfredo sauce. We also used whole wheat noodles and served it with broccoli to make up for the fat in the sauce :)

First I put skim milk, flour, salt, and low fat cream cheese into a blender


Then I sauteed butter and garlic in the pan....


Then I added the milk mixture and let it simmer until it started to thicken...

Last I added in the parmesan cheese. Now here is where I made my mistake (and thus the pictures end). I used the prepackaged shredded cheese instead of shredding my own. Now trust me the sauce was still incredibly delicious, but it was kinda lumpy and didn't look pretty. It was a little more cheesy I guess you could say, and it didn't totally incorporate into the sauce, but it was still amazing. I one and a halfed the sauce so I would have leftovers and I'm glad I did! This would be great as a pizza sauce, over veggies, with pasta, anything! Definitely easy and everyone should try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment