Sunday, August 7, 2011

Spaghetti Carbonara


So you know when you go to a restaurant and you order something and it's soooo delicious you decide you just have to try and make it at home? Well that's what happened to us in Rome. We sat a a sidewalk cafe and ate the most delicious carbonara (and margherita pizza). I just had to try to make some. I researched several recipes and decided to try the Food Network recipe from Tyler Florence.
I weighed the pasta on my kitchen scale and used only 1/2 pound of pasta but didn't half the sauce amount. I bought my bacon from Snyders and used their thick cut bacon. I also bought a high grade pasta because I knew the Italians use a good pasta (it was dried pasta)
It was easier that I thought it was going to be. I was nervous about the eggs cooking but with the pasta HOT everything cooked perfectly.
Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the finished pasta but as you can see, we finished every last bit - no leftovers ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment